- 20th April 2017
- Posted by: Startups Secrets
- Category: Startup Secrets Podcast
Having grown up in a family of entrepreneurs, you could say that Oliver Page was always destined to start his own companies – however, it’s his drive and passion for finding and fixing very real problems that has led him to where he is today.
Having started his first company, Nutkase Accessories, at 17, he has since gone on to attend Draper University, talk on the TedX stage, travel the world, and start up business no.2, Scooterino. He’s had some amazing success with fundraising and has recently closed a round for €500k.
In this episode we discuss:
- Being a lifetime learner
- Starting young
- University – to go or not to go
- How and when to get investment
- Involving family in your venture (and/or creating a family ethos)
- The benefits of having a co-founder
- Giving equity to your starting team
- Motivations for starting a company
- How to find your focus
Links mentioned in the podcast:
The Lean Startup – Eric Ries
Zero to One – Peter Thiel
80/20 Sales and Marketing – Perry Marshall
The Obstacle is the Way – Ryan Holiday
Want to get in touch or find out more?