- 16th June 2017
- Posted by: Startups Secrets
- Category: Startup Secrets Podcast
Listen to the Latest Startup Secrets Episode in association with Accounts Lab (59:26)
John Auckland is the founder and CEO of Tribefirst, a published author, and a Virgin StartUp Ambassador. He’s an expert on all things crowdfunding, and with the increasing interest in this area for businesses, I couldn’t wait to get him on the podcast and chat further!
In their very own words “TribeFirst helps you build a loyal tribe of customers through crowdfunding, via recognised global platforms such as Kickstarter, Indiegogo, Crowdcube and Seedrs.”.
Crowdfunding is a seriously hot topic amongst startups and established businesses alike, and there were plenty of questions I had for John (as well as few from listeners!) to go cover in our discussion.
Interested in running your own crowdfunding campaign, or perhaps investing? Then you need to give this one a listen 🙂
In this episode we discuss:
- What is crowdfunding
- ‘political campaign’ vs ‘marketing campaign’
- What are the different types of crowdfunding
- Which type of crowdfunding is suitable for your business
- What are some of the platforms you can use for your campaign
- The ups and downs of in investing in crowdfunding campaigns
- The Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme
- What control do crowdfunding investors have over your company
- Overfunding and underfunding
- The do’s and don’ts of running your own campaign
- The importance of company valuation
- And as always, plenty more!!
Want to find out more about John and TribeFirst? Check out the details below:
Useful Links from the podcast: